Darren Holman, DVM
- Prior to veterinary school worked with and trained horses. Graduated from Iowa State University School of Veterinary Medicine in 1988. Has practiced in Ohio, New Jersey and now in the Cary/Raleigh area for more than 15 years.
- Special interest in internal medicine, soft-tissue surgery, and fiber optic endoscopy.
- Resides in Cary with Brussels Griffon, Jitterbug; Teacup Chihuahua, Addi; Chiweenie, Frankie; and cat, Tommy.
- Enjoys running, scuba diving, technology, and is a die-hard Green Bay Packers fan.
Diona Krahn, DVM
- Graduated from Meredith College and North Carolina State University School of Veterinary Medicine. Has been a practicing veterinarian in the Cary area since 1998.
- Special interest in feline and canine dentistry, Internal medicine, surgery, endocrine disease, and ultrasound.
- Resides in Cary with her husband, Kilo; children, Xander and Cael; Whippet, Cooper; and cats Mystery and Yuki.
- Enjoys yoga, cycling, running, hiking and outdoor activities.
Kate Mallo, DVM
- Worked overseas in pharmaceutical market research prior to a career in veterinary medicine. Graduated from North Carolina State University School of Veterinary Medicine in 2003.
- Special interests in laparoscopic (minimally invasive) surgery, flexible endoscopy, soft-tissue surgery and internal medicine.
- Resides in Apex with her husband, Dave, young children, Owen and Maggie, and dog Muller. Her oldest daughter, Sara, is a nurse and resides in Richmond, Virginia.
- Enjoys tennis, biking, reading and hiking.
Katie Backus, DVM
- Graduated from Ohio State University with a degree in Nutrition and Zoology. Continued on at Ohio State’s College of Veterinary Medicine, graduating in 2018.
- Special interests include soft tissue surgery, oncology, and exotic animal medicine.
- Resides in the Raleigh/Cary area with her golden retriever mix, Cali.
- Enjoys ultimate Frisbee, hiking with Cali, running and visiting the beach.
Haley Gunter, DVM
- Two-time North Carolina State University graduate earning Valedictorian honors with a Bachelors in Animal Science and a Doctorate degree from North Carolina State College of Veterinary Medicine
- Fear-free handling certified
- Special interests include dentistry, dermatology, geriatric pet care, soft tissue surgery, and exotic animal medicine.
- Resides in Cary with her dog, Bella; cat, Scotty; chinchilla, Sebastian; box turtle, Emerson; and tarantula, Charlotte.
- Enjoys traveling, hiking, wine tasting, running, and spending time at the beach.
Lauren Mealin, DVM
- Graduated from North Carolina State University with a Bachelor’s in Zoology in 2011. Went on to graduate from Kansas State University with a Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine in 2015. Has practiced emergency medicine and general practice in Pennsylvania, but has now moved back home to North Carolina.
- Special interests include internal medicine, dermatology, soft tissue surgery, dentistry and pain management.
- Resides in Garner with her husband, Andrew; and mixed-breed dog, Andy.
- Enjoys spending time at the lake waterskiing, wakeboarding, wake surfing, biking, hiking and swimming.
David Chen, DVM, CVA
- Graduated from Kansas State University, College of Veterinary Medicine where he completed his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine in 2010. In 2016 Dr. Chen attended CHI Institute in Florida to become a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist and enjoys practicing integrative veterinary medicine.
- He resides in Durham with his wife, daughter, and two rescue cats.
- When he’s not working, Dr. Chen enjoys mountain biking, snowboarding, playing basketball, and traveling