Darren Holman, DVM
- Prior to veterinary school worked with and trained horses. Graduated from Iowa State University School of Veterinary Medicine in 1988. Has practiced in Ohio, New Jersey and now in the Cary/Raleigh area for more than 15 years.
- Special interest in internal medicine, soft-tissue surgery, and fiber optic endoscopy.
- Resides in Cary with Brussels Griffon, Jitterbug; Teacup Chihuahua, Addi; Chiweenie, Frankie; and cat, Tommy.
- Enjoys running, scuba diving, technology, and is a die-hard Green Bay Packers fan.
Diona Krahn, DVM
- Graduated from Meredith College and North Carolina State University School of Veterinary Medicine. Has been a practicing veterinarian in the Cary area since 1998.
- Special interest in feline and canine dentistry, Internal medicine, surgery, endocrine disease, and ultrasound.
- Resides in Cary with her husband, Kilo; children, Xander and Cael; Whippet, Cooper; and cats Mystery and Yuki.
- Enjoys yoga, cycling, running, hiking and outdoor activities.
Kate Mallo, DVM
- Worked overseas in pharmaceutical market research prior to a career in veterinary medicine. Graduated from North Carolina State University School of Veterinary Medicine in 2003.
- Special interests in laparoscopic (minimally invasive) surgery, flexible endoscopy, soft-tissue surgery and internal medicine.
- Resides in Apex with her husband, Dave, young children, Owen and Maggie, and dog Muller. Her oldest daughter, Sara, is a nurse and resides in Richmond, Virginia.
- Enjoys tennis, biking, reading and hiking.
Bradley Waffa, DVM
- Studied Biology at Sewanee and earned his MPH from Tulane in 2010. Graduated from North Carolina State University School of Veterinary Medicine in 2014. Practiced medicine in Virginia, but has since planted roots in Raleigh, NC which he considers home.
- Special interest in anesthesia/pain management, preventive care/public health, geriatric care, and reptile medicine and surgery.
- Resides in Cary with his wife, Shal; their two dogs, Bennett and Mimi; black cat, Pickles; and a menagerie of reptiles.
- Enjoys randonneuring (long distance cycling), rock climbing, macro photography, entomology, and playing music.
Katie Backus, DVM
- Graduated from Ohio State University with a degree in Nutrition and Zoology. Continued on at Ohio State’s College of Veterinary Medicine, graduating in 2018.
- Special interests include soft tissue surgery, oncology, and exotic animal medicine.
- Resides in the Raleigh/Cary area with her golden retriever mix, Cali.
- Enjoys ultimate Frisbee, hiking with Cali, running and visiting the beach.
Tracy Doty, Practice Manager
- B.S. in Business Management with minors in Biology and Chemistry.
- Post graduate studies in Animal Nutrition at NCSU in 2011.
- Certified in canine massage and pursuing certification in canine rehabilitation.
- Resides in Apex with her husband, Zack; Tibetan Mastiff, Thor; Doberman Pinscher, River; German Shepherd, Faith; and Tibetan Terrier, Journey.
- Enjoys competing in conformation dog shows, judging all-breed dog shows and cheering on the Carolina Panthers.